1. Customer’s Information
- 1.1 Customer must provide true and accurate personal information to our Company. If there is any change of information, Customer must immediately update the same through our online system or inform our Company directly.
- 1.3 Customer agrees that our Company may use the personal information provided by the Customer for communication through email, SMS, telephone, etc.
- 1.4 Customer must open an online account through our Company’s website and must keep his/her log-in password secured. If anyone logs into the Customer’s account using the Customer’s log-in password, any transaction or instruction under such account shall be regarded as being made or given by the Customer or duly authorized by him/her.
2. Service Fee and Deposit
- 2.1 Our Company may adjust all applicable fees hereunder at its sole discretion which shall take effect immediately.
- 2.2 Customer must pay all service fees, deposit and other charges on time in order to use or continue to use our services. If the contract renewal or contract termination procedures are not yet completed after the expiry of the service period, or if there is any default in payment, our Company shall charge the Customer “Overdue Administrative Fee”, and have the right to refuse to provide services to customers.
- 2.3 Customer must purchase the U SPACE Smart Card (at HK$60.00 each) from our Company for access to our branch during the service period. The price paid for the Smart Card is non-refundable. The Smart Card will be automatically invalidated at the expiry or termination of service.
- 2.4 Customer shall not set-off any fee payable or compensation (if any) from the deposit.
- 2.5 Upon expiration or termination of this Service Agreement, if the Customer does not violate any terms and conditions of this Agreement during the service period, the deposit shall be returned to Customer without interest within 30 days after the Customer confirms to terminate the service. Customer must collect the deposit cheque and cash the cheque within 6 months; otherwise, the deposit will be reimbursed and will not be refunded in the future as a compensation for the administrative loss of the company.
- 2.6 Our Company shall have the right to deduct from the deposit any fee and compensation arising or resulting from the breach of this Service Agreement by the Customer.
3. Restrictions on Storage Items
- 3.1 Customer warrants that all items stored at our Company’s storage facilities are Customer’s own property or duly authorized by the property owner to use our service.
- 3.2 Customer shall not store any living creatures, perishable, inflammable, dangerous, illegal, stolen, valuable or fragile items, including but not limited to the following:
- ‧ animals or any living creatures;
- ‧ food, drinks or perishable goods;
- ‧ fragile items;
- ‧ valuable items, including but not limited to currency, jewellery, antique, art work or other items of high value;
- ‧ illegal, immoral or illicit items;
- ‧ toxic waste, corrosive, asbestos and other dangerous items;
- ‧ chemicals, compressive gas, radiative items or biological agents;
- ‧ inflammable items or legally regulated harmful and dangerous items;
- ‧ guns, weapons;
- ‧ explosive or combustible items or liquids including painting, gasoline, petrol, gunpowder, potassium nitrate, kerosene, fuel oil, washing solvent, etc.
- ‧ items and materials with unusual odour or sound;
- ‧ any items which may endanger personal and environmental safety in our Company’s opinion;
- ‧ items regulated by Dangerous Goods Ordinance (Cap.295).，
- For details of the components of dangerous goods, please visit the official website of the Government or the Fire Services Department.
- 3.3 It is not advisable for Customer to store any documents containing personal information at the storage facilities.
- 3.4 Customer shall indemnify or compensate our Company for any loss or claims arising or resulting from storage of any items listed in the “Restrictions on Storage Items” by the Customer.
- 3.5 Customer must ensure that the stored items will not lead to any violation of government lease, deed of mutual covenant and other relevant laws or regulations governing the storage facilities and common facilities issued by relevant organizations or governmental departments. Customer must indemnify our Company for all loss and expenses arising or resulting from any such violation.
- 3.6 Customer is responsible for the installation of a suitable lock at the storage facilities and must take out proper insurance for the stored items. Customer must bear all risks for storage of his/her/its items and our Company shall not be responsible for any liability or compensation for the loss or damage of any stored items.
4. Storage Facilities
- 4.1 Due to the mobility of the storage facilities, all storage facilities shall be stored at locations designated by our Company from time to time. Our Company shall have absolute discretion as to the period and location for storing the storage facilities.
- 4.2 If Customer intends to access to the storage facilities, prior appointment must be made through our Company’s website. Our Company shall transport the storage facilities to the designated branch for Customer’s access in such period and on such date specified by the Customer. The storage facilities will be transported back to the designated location after the specified period.
- 4.3 If Customer requests to transport the storage facilities to other branches, our Company may charge transportation fee depending on the location of the branch requested by the Customer.
- 4.4 Due to the mobility of the storage facilities, Customer acknowledges that the stored items may be scratched, rubbed, hit or compressed in the transportation of the storage facilities. As such, Customer must ensure that the stored items are properly wrapped and the storage facilities are securely locked so as to prevent from loss and damage in the process of transportation. Our Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the stored items in the process of transportation.
- 4.5 If Customer fails to access to the storage facilities at the designated branch during the specified period on the specified date according to the appointment made, the transportation fee paid (if any) shall not be refunded.
- 4.6 If Customer fails to access to the storage facilities at the designated branch during the specified period on the specified date according to the appointment made, the relevant storage facilities will be transported back to our Company’s designated location thereafter.
- 4.7 If our Company is under reasonable suspicion that any dangerous, illegal or prohibited items are stored at the storage facilities, or the stored items may constitute risk of endangering personal safety or property security, or any usual odour or sound originates from the storage facilities, or at the legitimate request of relevant governmental department (including Police, Fire Services Department, Customs and Excise Department, Courts, etc.), our Company’s staff or agent shall have the right to open the storage facilities immediately for inspection.
- 4.8 Customer must not cause nuisance to other persons when using our services.
- 4.9 Customer must be solely responsible for any loss or damage caused to other persons which is directly or indirectly arising or resulting from the use of storage facilities or services by the Customer or his/her agent. If there is any claim against our Company by any third party, Customer must indemnify our Company against all losses or expenses arising therefrom.
- 4.10 All storage facilities are our Company’s property. If our Company discovers any damage to the storage facilities which upon verification is caused by or arising from the Customer (including but not limited to storing inappropriate items in the storage facilities or the stored items exceed the loading restriction of the storage facilities), Customer must compensate our Company for the costs of repair and/or replacement.
5. Renewal & Termination of Service
- 5.1 About two months prior to the expiration of this Service Agreement, our Company will inform Customer through e-mail that the service period is about to expire. If Customer intends to renew our service, Customer must complete the service renewal procedure either through our Company’s online system or at our branch in person before the expiration of service.
- 5.2 Customer may still complete the service renewal procedure through our Company’s online system within 30 days after the expiration of service, but additional administrative fee will be charged.
- 5.3 Customer’s online account will be frozen after 30 days from expiration of service. If Customer intends to renew our service, Customer must contact our customer service department for completing the service renewal procedure. Additional administrative fee will be charged.
- 5.4 If Customer unilaterally requests for termination of service before the expiration of service for whatever reason, the service fee prepaid by the Customer will not be refunded.
- 5.5 If the service is to be terminated, the customer must give the company a minimum notice period of 14 days. If the customer fails to give sufficient notice period or clears and returns the storage facility before the expiration of the service period, the customer would be required to pay sufficient notice period and additional daily rent after the contract service period on the date of receipt of the item (based on the original price of the storage service.).
- 5.6 After the expiration of the Service Agreement, Customer may still complete the service renewal / termination procedure through the Customer’s online account within 30 days, but the “Overdue Administrative Fee” will be charged.
- 5.7 Customer’s online account will be frozen after 30 days from expiration of service period. If U SPACE does not receive further instructions from the Customer regarding the renewal or termination of the service, the Company will treat the storage items as waste for disposal without further notice (including disposing of it or selling it to cover the arrears, etc.). In addition, the Customer is responsible for all expenses incurred by the Company in recovering the arrears.
- 5.8 Our Company shall have the right to terminate the service at anytime during the service period without providing any reason by giving not less than 30 days’ notice to the Customer.
- 5.9 If the customer violates the terms and conditions of this service agreement during the service period, U SPACE may require the Customer to make a remedy. If the Customer fails to remedy within a reasonable time, the Company has the right to terminate the agreement immediately and the Customer has paid the fee. And the deposit will not be refunded. Customers must immediately clear their storage cabinet as requested by the company. The Customer is also required to compensate the Company for the losses and expenses incurred by the Customer in connection with the delay in emptying the storage facilities.
6. Use of Website and Online System
- 6.1 All trademarks, trade names and service marks (“Trademarks”) used or displayed on our Company’s website and online system are owned by our Company. Customer is not allowed to use any Trademarks without our Company’s prior written permission.
- 6.2 All materials on our Company’s website and online system are protected by copyright. Customer is not allowed to modify, reproduce, transmit, distribute such materials (or any part of them) or use them in any other way for commercial or public purposes without our Company’s prior written consent.
- 6.3 All pictures and information on our Company’s website and online system are for reference only, our Company shall have the right to modify such pictures and information at any time without giving any notice.
- 6.4 Whilst our Company has taken reasonable care in preparing our website and online system to ensure the accuracy and security of contents and information contained therein, our Company does not warrant that such contents and information are all accurate or free from computer virus.
- 6.5 Customer must not interfere with or cause any damage to our Company’s online system.
- 6.6 Our Company does not warrant that the information uploaded or transmitted through our Company’s website or online system is completely secured. Our Company shall not be responsible for any loss arising or resulting from the use of our Company’s website or online system.
- 7.1 Customer confirms and agrees that once an online account is opened through our Company’s website, all information submitted to our Company through such account (including service renewal application, update/change of personal information and service details, etc.) shall be legally binding on the Customer.
- 7.2 Our Company shall not be responsible for any failure to provide service under this Service Agreement which is directly or indirectly caused by the occurrence of any unexpected or uncontrollable event (including but not limited to severe weather, natural disaster, riot, strike or other labour operations, terrorist activities, war, threat of war, traffic, accident, breakdown of tele-communication network).
- 7.3 Customer declares that any third party who enters into our Company’s premises using the Customer’s access card shall be regarded as the Customer’s agent.
- 7.4 For avoidance of doubt, any negligence or breach of this Service Agreement committed by the Customer and his/her agent shall be regarded as the Customer’s personal negligence and breach.
- 7.5 Our Company reserves all rights to modify the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement. If there is any dispute as to the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement, our Company shall have the final right of determination.
Mini Storage ． Mini Box2833 9111